COST OF THE BASQUE Coast Trekking TRIP
10 Days/ 9 Nights – May 21 to May 30, 2020
The base price of the trip is approximately $3,190 per person, but is dependent on several variables such as the number of participants on the trip, the exchange rate of euros to dollars and or participant’s willingness to be in a double occupancy hotel room vs. a single room. (This price is based on DOUBLE OCCUPANCY. The SINGLE OCCUPANCY supplement is $800.)
The base price per person of $3,190 includes the following:
- All accommodations with breakfast
- fully guided sightseeing (including park and entrance fees) as noted in the itinerary
- Group airport transfers to/from hotel in the first/last published city as noted in the itinerary
- local wine and beer, coffee/tea/soft drinks/water at included meals
- complimentary Internet access (where available on land)
- hotel taxes.
- The guidance, knowledge, and experience of your Giving Journeys hosts: George and Lucie Semler,
After the trip you will be billed for the nine a la carte meals, plus the ferry and two Eusko Tren – Topo train rides, which are not prepaid. The estimated cost of these lunch and dinner meals, including wine, is based on the specific restaurant, and average choice of menu items ranging from €30 to €60 per person. Giving Journeys will cover these costs during the trip and will bill you for your share after the trip.
The extra costs to be billed should be around $900 per person.
What is NOT included in the price:
- Airfare not listed in the itinerary
- Airline and train excess luggage charges
- Tips to restaurants, guides and drivers unless specified
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Entrance fees not listed
- Meals not specified in the itinerary (see above)
- Alcoholic and other beverages not specifically included
- Laundry expenses
- Telephone, Fax & Internet Charges
- Room Service
- Personal and Travel Insurance
- Airport and Departure Taxes
- Any item specified as “Own Arrangements”
To hold your place in the 2020 Basque Coast Trek, please fill out the participant form and include a $500 per person placeholder deposit. THIS PLACEHOLDER DEPOSIT IS FULLY REFUNDABLE PRIOR TO JANUARY 1, 2020.
After the initial placeholder payment of $500 per person there will be three additional payments to make:
January 1, 2020, an additional $500 per person payment is due.
February 21, 2020, $1,000 payment per person is due.
April 21, 2020, balance for the trip is due.